CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Gardening, Crafting and Celebrating

I was inspired this weekend to get out in the garden and add a little color to my very green world by my sister, Becky, who has an amazing blog:  http://findingmygarden.blogspot.com/  She lives in a different part of the country but her flowers, plants and the knowledge she has of them is incredible.  The flowers in the pictures above are all from my backyard but I can't tell the name of any of them.  I pick my plants because I like the way they look which usually means that they don't last long in the heat of the long Texas summers.  I have started to buy more perennials and more drought resisitant plants which has helped but I have a long way to go before I can keep flowers alive into August or even July.  However, now they are all in bloom and I will enjoy them while I can.  Some of these actually came back from last year, just don't ask me to name them.

Yesterday was also my husband and my 22nd Wedding  Anniversary!  The gift for your 22nd is Copper.  We didn't realize that was what we were buying each other until Thursday night when our Air Conditioner sputtered its last breath and the gift of copper (a new A/C unit) was given.  We also went to dinner last night at Tim Love's new restaurant, The Love Shack, which is very different from his original restaurant in Fort Worth, Lonesome Dove.  It was a fun night and his website is here:  http://www.loveburgershack.com/ 

I also did a little crafting this weekend so I will be posting the latest wreath on Monday so stay tuned for that. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Your flowers are beautiful. One catalog I've used to get ideas for low-water plants is High Country Gardens (http://www.highcountrygardens.com/). They have a lot of perennials that are good for xeriscaping. I've never ordered from them, but they seem to have good reviews online.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete