CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Recipe - Lemon Cloud Pie

This recipe is adapted from one that my Mother in Law gave to me in a cookbook from a local Senior Association.  She recommended it to me and I was in the mood for something lemony.  Halfway through making it, I realized that I wasn't supposed to use a Graham cracker crust but instead was supposed to put the graham crackers in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.  Then my evaporated milk mixture formed into stiff peaks but it fell when I was distracted.  I wanted to salvage the ingredients so I decided to freeze the pie and low and behold, it turned out really well.  

Lemon Cloud Pie
1 small package lemon Jello
3/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 lemons, juice and grated rind
1 (14 oz.) can evaporated milk, very cold
Graham cracker crumbs

Dissolve Jello in boiling water.  Add sugar, lemon juice and rind.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Refrigerate mixture until syrupy.  Whip cold evaporated milk until stiff (it helps to freeze your bowl first).  Fold in lemon mixture.  Pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan lined with graham cracker crumbs on the bottom (or a graham cracker crumb pie crust).  Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs on top or grated lemon rind.  This is where you can also freeze.  Slice and enjoy!

Now that's what I call making lemons into lemon cloud pie!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment