CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Product Favorite - Blue Agave Sweetener

The makers of Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave have no idea who I am nor do they probably care but this is one product that I tried only once and I was hooked.  Initially, I was looking for a substitute for my husband who uses honey in his coffee each morning.  I liked the idea that it was a low glycemic sweetener but I never thought about using it myself.  That was until I tried a little in my tea one evening and then I poured a little on my plain yogurt.  It was delicious.  I love that it isn't as thick as honey and it is very versatile.  It can be used as a glaze on fruit, as a syrup on pancakes and a little goes a very long way.  I hope to start trying baking with it and using it in even more recipes.  As a general rule, 3 parts agave is equal to 4 parts of sugar.  Have you ever tried Agave and if so, what recipes have you used it in?

This particular brand of Agave was purchased at Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment