CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Hydreangea Cake



When I set out to find a cake that would be perfect for Mother's Day, this was my inspiration.  http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2011/03/hydreangea-cake.html

Mine fell short of the one that i am baker produced. But, I had help. Lots of help.  That help makes this cake taste all the better .  The runny frosting reminds me that I need to practice patience. The bright colors remind me that there is a rainbow of colors in the world.  The flowers remind me to grow and not become a weed.  The messy kitchen reminds me that there is always tomorrow to clean and most of all, this cake reminds me to sit back and enjoy my slice of life.

Today, for my Mom, I would like to send her my love and thanks for being patient, kind, loving  and allowing me in the kitchen to make messes.  She is one of the most intelligent, talented and creative women I know.   I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment