CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's National Eat What You Want Day....Who knew?

It's Wednesday, the week is halfway over.  More importantly, it is National Eat What You Want Day!  Who knew such a day existed?  I would hate to upset the National Day of people and I'm all for a day of eating whatever I fancy so I thought I would share my perfect day of food, in pictures. 

This actually is what I had for breakfast.  It's my summer breakfast (hey it's officially hot here in Texas so that counts). Winters I have oatmeal with cranberries because it's warm and wintry.  But warmer weather means a cold breakfast.  I like to have plain 0% Fage Greek yogurt with frozen mixed berries and a drop or two of agave nectar.  Delicious, creamy, fresh and wonderful.  I have also been known to have it for dessert as well.


Because it is Wednesday, that means it is office lunch day.  Each Wednesday my whole office goes to lunch together and we rotate on picking a spot to eat.  Today is actually my day to pick so I am picking a place that has an amazing salad bar.  I get the same things on it each time I go. I am apparently a creature of habit.   Spinach as a salad bed, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green bell peppers, one hard boiled egg, feta cheese, black olives, cottage cheese as a dressing and a side of hummus with wheat crackers.  Yum.

                                             

And Dinner.  It's actually my favorite meal of the day.  I am having a family favorite tonight, chicken curry with rice.  It is my Mom's recipe and my whole family loves it. I often pull it out when someone is not feeling well or it is a little chilly outside.  We are expecting a big storm this evening and Don has been under the weather so I know this will be the perfect dinner.
                                               
And dessert.  I have to go with my current favorite right now which is frozen yogurt.  (See a pattern here?)  Our town has recently seen 5 frozen yogurt establishments open in the last year and they are all really delicious.  My personal favorite is original tart with gummy bears.  It's the perfect end to a perfect food day.

                                                            
What would you eat on your Eat What You Want Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment