CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Recipe - Candy Dots

Yesterday, Ally and I made candy dots from a recipe and template I found here:  http://www.sandytoesandpopsicles.com/

This is the recipe:

Candy Dots
2 tablespoons meringue powder or 2 egg whites
6 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract or lemon juice
1 pound confectioner's sugar
ziploc sandwich baggies
food coloring

Note:  We used meringue powder and lemon juice.

1)  Cut non-toxic computer paper into 2 3/4" x 10" strips

2)  Whip together sugar, meringue powder and lemon juice on low speed for 1 minute.  Then continue to whip for 10 minutes on high speed.

3)  Divide the mixture into small bowls.  Color each bowl different colors.  You can also add different flavorings to each at this point.

4) If icing is too thick, thin out with drops of water until it is the consistency of sour cream.  A drop should hold its shape and slowly smooth out to create a smooth button.

5)  Pour each color into a baggie and seal.  Then cup a very small corner off of each bag.  (We used the snack sized baggies)

6)  Squeeze a drop of icing at a time onto the paper. 

7)  Place on baking sheets in a cool dry place uncovered to dry overnight.  (Ours dried within a couple of hours)

8)  Candy will harden overnight and then you can store it in a ziploc bag or airtight container. 

9) Enjoy! 


I also wanted to share a photo that was taken yesterday of the girls and I.


1 comment:

  1. I thought I posted this yesterday, but I guess I never did the captcha step. The picture is perfect (I'd love to know what you were saying, I'm guessing it wasn't "Cheeseballs"). I also really liked the mosaic up top. They're addictive, aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete