CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

I Spy......

Small items around the house - sorry for the lighting in this photo
My poem which is below
The filled jar

I got this idea of "I Spy" from the Magic Onion which can be found here:  http://themagiconions.blogspot.com/2009/05/eye-spy-jar.html

I adapted it for my kids who are older. I found small objects that were lying around the house and filled a mason jar with them items as well as rice, leaving enough room for the contents to move. I then made an explanation sheet and a guessing sheet and left them on a table in our entryway. I let them find the game on their own.  We will see who guesses the correct amount of objects in the jar at the end of the weekend.

The explanation says the following:

I Spy
I won’t tell my secret but revealed in this jar,
A number of items found near and far.

Record the number of things there you find,
In your head, on your hand or even in your mind.

You may lift, you may shake but never do cheat,
as the winner will get a prize for their feat.

Work as a team or work on your own,
you may even rely on a friend, via the phone.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment