CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

How We Almost Ended up with Chickens........


We made a detour this weekend by the Tractor Supply Store after seeing a sign that said the chicks had arrived. We really only went to look and possible hold a chick or two. By the end of our ten minute visit, the girls had already picked out the chickens that are the most heat tolerant and the highest egg producers. Who knew that the USPS ships them to your door? I also didn't know that one chick is only $2.49 which makes a dozen of eggs seem incredibly expensive. I had to tell the girls that we live in the city limits and it is probably illegal. I forgot that they can google too. When we got home, I was told that they are not illegal in the city limits but I was incredibly thankful for a small part of the statute which states that the chickens have to be 150 feet from any residence. Let's home they don't get out a tape measure. There were a lot of groans when I told them the news. I have seen the special order forms in various places around the house though so I am going to have to keep my eye out for the postman.

No comments:

Post a Comment