CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why Are Girls So Mean?

Okay, so today I am just going to speak my mind as a Mom and as a female.  I really don't understand mean girls.  As the Mom to three daughters, I hear about mean girls almost every day.   It's in the stories about the lunchroom and school activities.  It's about tyring to belong and be a part of something.  And I guess mean just happens and perhaps I should toughen up myself and my girls to this kind of behavior and attitude but today I am just sad that it exists.  Why can't we rally together, be friendly with one another, extend a smile or a moment of our time?  Why do we let the cutting words of some as well the deafening silenece of others cause such destruction to our hearts? 

I wish I could wrap my girls in a bubble and keep them away from all hurt and sadness but it isn't possible.  I want them to interact, to participate and to find lasting friendships that carry them through life.  I want them to experience the joy of having a friend that would truly do anything for them and love them like a sister. 


Maybe I am too Pollyanna in my approach to some things in life but sometimes that is the way I can break down such a monumental problem, piece by piece.  So, if you happen to read this blog, please remember to smile today at someone who might need a smile, share a story, say a kind word or make a call to the person that you call friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment