CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

My Version of a Chicken Pot Pie with a Kick

My family loves chicken pot pie.  I mean they really love it.  Maybe it's because I like to make individual pies and who doesn't like not having to share but I would also like to think that the flavor of mine adds a little something special.  We love the flavors of India, especially curry powder and this is a great way to use leftover chicken or as I used in this particular batch, leftover pork roast. 

Indian Inspired Pork Pot Pies
2 cups of cooked chicken or pork
bag of frozen mixed vegetables
can of cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of cumin
1 package of Pillsbury grand biscuits
1 egg - beaten

In a frying pan, I heat the meat, soup (don't add water), vegetables, spices and salt and pepper.  Once heated, place the mixture in individual ramekins.  Take an uncooked biscuit out of the package and roll it out with a rolling pin and use that to cover the ramekin.  Push the sides of the dough to seal and then pierce several times on the top of the dough.  Brush with the beaten egg mixture.  Cook on 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes until the dough is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment