CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

Easy and Quick Szechuan Noodles with Pork


I originally got this recipe from a woman's magazine and I have tweeked it along the way.  I love it because it uses staple ingredients I always have on hand, it is very quick to make on a weeknight and it has delicious flavors. 

Szechuan Noodles with Pork
12 oz. of spaghetti or linguine noodles
1 cup of chicken broth
2 Tablespoons of lite soy sauce
12 oz. of ground pork
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
6 scallions cut into pieces
1 bag of shredded carrots
1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of minced ginger
3 Tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
Fresh Cilantro

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Cook the noodles as directed.
  2. Stir broth and soy sauce together in a measuring cup.
  3. Heat a skillet and add the ground pork and red pepper flakes.  Cook until browned.
  4. Add to the skillet the scallions, carrot, ginger, and garlic.  Cook for 3 - 5 minutes
  5. Stire the broth mixture and peanut butter into the pork.  Cook until the peanut butter is melted and blended
  6. Reserve one cup of the pasta water.  Drain the spaghetti noodles and add to the skillet to toss.  Stir in some of the pasta water to make the mixture creamy.  Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy.
Some alternatives:  I have used cooked chicken breast cut into chunks in place of the pork.  I think shrimp would work as well.  I keep fresh ginger in my freezer and it lasts much longer that way and I always have it on hand.  You could also add shredded cabbage to the mix to add more fiber and veges.

No comments:

Post a Comment