CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a bird, it's a Christmas tree...No, it's feathered, tinsel hair !!

I am the first to admit that I grew up in the 80's and loved the bangles, mini skirts, leggings, clogs, and very high bangs.  I also admit that I have never been very good with hair.  I am sure my Mom still has a photo of me from Glamor shots circa 1980-something which is a clear example of how not to style your hair and makeup in any era.  Hairstyles and clothing styles definitely come in quickly and go out just as fast.  That is why I did not pay much attention to the latest hair trend, hair tinsel, nor did  I have a clue about feather hair extensions.  Not to mention I am at an age where I should not entertain wearing tinsel or feathers. If you haven't seen it before, here is a picture of the hair feathers: 

 and the tinsel 

Nevertheless, I have 3 daughters who keep me up to date on these things. Brooke had mentioned it to me as something she was wanting to do in the summer and when Ally's birthday came around, she decided to buy it for her as a gift. Before I knew it, we were on the way to one of the only salons in town that had any in stock (they are a hot commodity in these parts). We were lucky that the salon we went to had just received a shipment the day before and they had a whole display of feather bundles and individual feathers. Paige picked her set first which were hot pink feathers with a pink tinsel (which combines the two crazes) and Ally picked the same type of set in purple. Brooke opted for two individual feathers which she combined. It took less than 2 minutes to have them attached and after watching it in person, I wish I had come up with the idea myself. I also think it would be very easy to do on your own if you bought the feathers and had the rubbery clips to attach to the hair. Who knew that a fortune was lurking in unused Christmas tree tinsel? Did you know that fly fishermen have been experiencing a shortage of flies as a result of this craze? Maybe I will dig through my craft box to see what I can come up with as the next hot hair craze. Just kidding. (sort of ) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment