CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Birthday Celebration

Yesterday we celebrated Ally's 11th birthday.  It is very hard for me to believe that my baby is now 11.  Really hard.  Add that to the fact that my eldest daughter left today for camp and I am certain that if anything like a helpless kitten or puppy, a newborn baby or a sappy television commercial crosses my path today, I will be a heap of emotions.  It seems hard to believe how quickly time flies and it seems like only yesterday when I was helping them each tie their shoes or do their hair.  Not that 11 is completely grown but I realize as we have recently with Brooke, that time moves too quickly and as they become more independent (and driving) you see less and less of them each day and before you know it, you are looking at colleges and talking about when they were young. 

So we are going to enjoy the simple things this summer; blowing bubbles, catching fire flies, swimming, sipping lemonade and remembering to celebrate!  Have a Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ally. We hope it was a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete